Thursday, August 5, 2010

the Engineer's Syndrome

What is the Engineer's Syndrome ?
-It is when a person sees or is asked something that they automatically think they can do based on nothing other than the understanding that they can figure it out using either books, the internet and their "intelligence". It is called Engineer's Syndrome because engineers are trained to think logically and systematically in order solve a problem. This often leads them to believe that they this would extend to all or most aspects of their life, even areas which they have no prior or limited experience in.

I can't say that all engineers have "engineer's syndrome" or even only this illness affects only engineers. Perhaps it's genetic since my father seems to succumb to this disease and he is by no means an engineer. Ughh...that puts a bad taste in my month to be compared to him like that. I love my dad but he lacks a certain logic and clarity  when it comes to his endeavors. Need I show you pictures, maybe next time I'm at their house.

But enough about him, this blog is all about me!! lol
This "engineer's syndrome"does not take over my entire life, by no means do I plan on fixing my own car anytime soon or building a house. Yes it does seep into my professional life but I like to think that comes off as self sufficient and a go starter? It helps that I am somewhat of a perfectionist (anal retentive) which sometimes is the reason why I have so many unfinished projects because I usually not 100%  happy with the product which I always intend to do-it over or fix it somehow.

This is a complete paradox to my husband lifestyle which is clean, orderly and simple, his presence to my projects are usually accompany by "the face" which is the combination of "what are you doing now"  and "you'll gonna clean this up, right!".

Anyhow.. this Blog will follow my attempts at numberous craft projects, cooking, and reviews on domestic products and local restaurants.

No comments:

Post a Comment